Sunday, January 14, 2018

Schoolism - Drawing Fundamentals with Thomas Fluharty - Week #01 + Week #02

Two weeks ago I decided to make use of the winter sale over on Schoolism.com , and take Drawing Fundamentals with lecturer Thomas Fluharty as my first course.

Week 1 focused mainly on the bigger shapes and getting these down on paper before anything else. The homework assignment for this week was to draw a giraffe using the provided reference image and starting out with big shapes.

For this I decided to use Procreate on my iPad Pro. The whole thing can be seen in this video done using the cool Timelapse video playback thing - feature Procreate offers:


Week 2 focused on values. Just as before the student gets a reference image provided by the lecturer and is supposed to make a study of it. This time I used good old Photoshop as I was planning on doing a second study on the iPad, but didn't get around to it, As a homework assignment this didn't differ from week one that much, though the lecturer went a little more in depth with how values work etc. Therefore I also spent some more time on actually painting this thing, keeping in mind where I wanted the focus of the eye to be and what parts should be left sketchy. As the mane would require a lot of work were it all to be rendered out it was especially relevant for this part.





No comments:

Post a Comment